Business English & Communication
This course is ideal for experienced executives, managers and young professionals who wish to improve their business English language and communication in the shortest possible time.
Many of our participants come from leading international companies and organisations. So as part of the course you will be able to network with professionals during your lessons and networking evenings we organise from time to time.
Who is it for?
Participants typically work in the following industries and sectors:
- Technology Industry
- Education Sector
- Financial services
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Legal services
- Media communications
- Management and Leadership
- Sales and Marketing
On this Business English & communication course, you can expect to improve your language and business skills in the following areas:
- Communication skills
- Management – theory and practice
- Negotiations – persuasion, selling techniques, style
- Leadership and team building
- Business English vocabulary
- Resolving conflict
- Cross-cultural awareness
We aim to give participants greater confidence in taking part in and chairing business meetings and negotiations. Therefore we cover appropriate communication strategies such as:
- agreeing and disagreeing
- clarifying and confirming
- asking for comments
- asking appropriate questions
- challenging/defending an opinion
- persuading and compromising
- making proposals, offers, suggestions
- opening/closing meetings
Professional hospitality, entertaining visitors and handling social situations are important for many business people, as is confidence when using the telephone. Telephone conversation areas covered would therefore include:
- meeting and greeting
- receiving visitors
- using the telephone effectively
- practice in communicating more complex ideas and discussing problems
Workshop topics are:
- Business Ethics
- Business Insurance and Risk
- Doing Business in India
- Predicting Behaviour and Performance in the workplace
- Managing Talent
- The Credit Crunch
- 10 Things you should know about Brands
- Managing Trust
- Doing Business in China
This highly intensive Business English course is hands-on and task based, with frequent role-plays and simulations designed to develop essential language skills. Some activities involve DVD recordings for analysis with regular feedback to help you focus on specific areas of need.
The course content is relevant and up-to-date. Every week we have a visiting guest speaker who helps to bring external expertise and insight into the programme. You will also take part in a ‘business breakfast’ every week where you will discuss, with your course colleagues, current issues or politics that affect business in your region, or worldwide. Everything you do will be practical, realistic and useful; the very small groups ensure attention to individual needs.
This course is ideal for experienced executives, managers and professionals who wish to improve their language in a commercial context in the shortest possible time. Typically, participants have been working for some time and are already well established in their chosen careers.
The course will benefit any business person who needs to develop effective communication skills in English for use in their international business life.
What are benefits?
Whichever course you take with us, you can expect to improve your business English in the following ways:
- communicate more confidently
- speak more accurately and fluently
- participate more successfully in meetings
- improve your written English including emailing
- expand your professional vocabulary
- improve your understanding of grammar
- socialise and network with greater confidence
- work successfully in a cross-cultural environment
In addition to the benefits outlined above, you can expect to manage meetings and negotiations more effectively, improve your presentation skills, expand your business vocabulary, use the telephone with greater confidence as well as being able to discuss management theory and leadership skills with greater confidence.
Students should have completed the Adult Beginner Class. Take our free Level Test to help determine your level or Book a Free Appointment with our Language Consultants to help determine your level.
Start speaking English with confidence today!!